• مرحبا بكم

تم تطوير شبكة ومنتديات الجميزه للتماشى مع التطور الحقيقي للمواقع الالكترونيه وبهدف تسهيل التصفح على زوارنا واعضائنا الكرام لذلك تم التطوير وسيتم ارسال اشعار لكل الاعضاء على بريدهم الالكترونى لإعلامهم بان تم تطوير المنتدى

440 – Being a Self-Made Man/Woman

Slow dialogue: 1:25
Explanations: 3:30
Fast dialogue: 15:43

Edgar: What a crock!

Ann: What is it?

Edgar: I’m reading an article about successful business people who were self-made men and women. I don’t believe a word of it.

Ann: What don’t you believe?

Edgar: These people didn’t pull themselves up by their bootstraps. They were all born with silver spoons in their mouths.

Ann: Not all successful people were born into money and privilege.

Edgar: That’s true, but it gets me riled up when people who grew up at the country club claim to have had humble beginnings.

Ann: Just because some people were born with a leg up doesn’t mean they didn’t work hard to get where they are.

Edgar: Where would that hard work have gotten them if they didn’t have backers with deep pockets, or if they didn’t know people in high places? I know plenty of hard-working people who aren’t hobnobbing with the rich and famous.

Ann: That’s true enough. Who needs the rich and famous? I’ll take my hard-working man over any of them any day.

Edgar: That’s why I married you – a woman with beauty and brains!

Script by Dr. Lucy Tse

أكثر...

أعلى